We're about 30 games into the season. Seymour Duless has a report on the NL.
- What's going on in the East? Trenton is a game over .500 and Atlanta is a game under. Washington is 18-12.
- Philadelphia is also playing well- they've won 5 in a row to go to 16-14, only 1 1/2 games behind Fargo. Chicago is also 16-14.
- In the South, Austin looks good at 18-11, and Houston has started slow at 12-17.
- Salt Lake City has overcome a slow start to rise to 16-14 and lead the NL West.
- It's early, but looking at the big Trenton deal from last season: David Dunwoody- very good (5-1, 1.20 ERA). Dwight Salmon- less so (1-4, 5.18 ERA).
- Houston's Monte Duvall (.336-17-38) is the early season MVP. Vic James, Clarence Hartman, William Satou, and Sean Simpson are all good candidates as well.
- Early Cy Young candidates- Dunwoody and Javier Henriquez right now in a dead heat, with Alex Sanchez close behind. Throw Manny Christians and Eddie Marquis into the mix.