Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One on one with Monterrey GM ACEROTHSTEIN

We caught up with Monterrey Sultans GM ACEROTHSTEIN to get his thoughts on who the best team in The Bigs is, debate Chris Paul v. Deron Williams and the most important aspect of a team, among other things. Here's what Ace had to say.

Why did you decide to join The Bigs? I was looking to start an AL franchise from the beginning, something I hadn't got a chance to do. In hindsight I had an idea of starting a log like some of other worlds got, but I've got to say this blog has blown past those expectations.

What was your first thought when you looked at your roster for the first time? At first glance I wasn't mad at all, it was clear from the start with that offense, that my team was built to win now so I made an effort to fill some holes in the rotation and landed 3 vets, Allensworth, Toca and Fox.

Who's got the best team in The Bigs? The team that scares me the most would have to be Milwaukee, but there are a number of teams in the AL that are going to put up a fight like Cleveland which I think is one of the more underrated teams and Nashville has looked strong all year, they're definitely not making it easy on me. Then you got Vegas and Louisville all in the AL.

What do you do in your spare time when your not running your HBD teams? Tons of things to do out here in California so when im not working or messing with my lineups you can find me at a bar in Berkeley, at the wharf in SF or at a club in San Jose. But I'd rather be golfing most of the time lol.

What's the most important part of a team to you? The power bats? Strong starting pitching? Strong bullpen? Speed and defense? The beer vendors? Dude, its gotta be the beer vendors, what good is your franchise if you're giving them that watered down stuff, that's why in the Estadio Monterey we serve nothing but the best micro-brews from McEwan' Scotch Ale to Newcastle. Na jp you gotta go with starting pitching, momentum is only as good as your next SP.

Do the Sultans have what it takes to win the World Series?I think they do, no player is a liability on this team that's why I didn't really try to make any deals before the deadline.

What is your team's biggest weakness?Probably would have to be my teams overall health, 11 of my guys have a health rating below 62 amd have only 4 guys with a health over 80. Just check out my squad right now I have 4 starters banged up, luckily I'm pretty deep and just about any player can on offense can fill the hole.

Illini alumni? If so, I say Chris Paul is better than Deron Williams, prove me wrong. I wish I could prove you wrong but that's not happening, gotta give it to Chris as he is the better overall player, plus he has superior defense, but they are both in there 3rd year and you never know where they will go from here.

If you could change one thing about HBD, what would it be and why? Well besides the obvious like shortening ST and making the edit player settings screen more efficient, I wouldn't mind if they expanded the amount of choices for cities or giving the All star game winning league the home field adv in the WS.

No comments: