Thursday, May 20, 2010

The War Cry Gazette

Wow, we won 2 out of 3 in Boise, that surprised me as I expected to lose the rubber game for some reason. They did beat up my lefties in the opening game of the series so I expected more of the same in the third game. Boise is explosive, why they don't score at the beginning of the season is beyond me. Now we get an off day after a short trip home. The home opening three game set with New York looms big.

New York is 6-1 after a surprising start to their season beating up on Boston and Scranton. The box scores indicate they pick on the opponents pens late in the game taking victory out of the jaws of defeat. Keys to victory is to beat up on their starters early and often putting the game out of reach and deny their late inning heroics. I get to find out if Charlie White is as good as I think he will be in game 1 of the series. He had a great game against Seattle giving up 1 hit in 7 innings so expectations are high.

No comments: