Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Draft News

Normally I wouldn't post anything about the draft except with some of the new updates, so I thought I would be kind. After I have been through one draft already and a 2nd before this one takes place, I have came up with some things to look for.

The formula builder is not really the greatest tool I have seen, but it is pretty good once you play with it enough to understand what it is doing. Still I don't care for it all that much.

What I have seen though is that owners tend to draft BPA. With that in mind and with the OVR change to pitchers, this means there are more position players drafted early. What happened in my first draft, was most of the position players available in the draft was gone by the 6th or 7th round. Several very good pitchers whose OVR would have been in the 80's actually dropped to mid and to late first round picks. Closers normally taken late first round or early second round actually dropped to third and fourth round picks. So one has to take a lot of care when setting up your board as to where pitchers fall into place.

No comments: